To book a custom or group workshop email firstname.lastname@example.org pr call 021991192
Come create beautiful botanical watercolour art with Lizzie Thomas. This is a fun friday evening workshop for beginners to more experienced painters, bring some friends and enjoy a glass or 2 of wine while learning how to sketch and paint NZ's beautiful botanicals in watercolours, expolring shadow and colour.
Time: 2.5 hours
up to 7 places.
Light refreshments can be provided
Location: Further Doings Studio - 528 Richmond Road, Grey Lynn
In this watercolour art workshop, You will be carefully guided through your botanical illustrative journey in a relaxed environment with wine and friends!
You will be given the opportunity to;
- Develop your drawing facility
- Further your ability to observe shapes, light and dark tones
- Basic colour theory and colour mixing skills
- Watercolour techniques including wet-in-wet, blending and layering
Ellaquaint / Lizzie Thomas is an Auckland based artist, who is known known for her passion for our environment; her detailed native manu paintings and animal watercolour illustrations. With over 15 years experience teaching Painting and Design, she will share with you some of her inside tricks to painting with this beautiful medium.
Whether you are a beginner or advanced, this class can cater for you.
What you will take home with you
- A drawing and lovely watercolour painting
- A gorgeous Lil Ceramics colour mixing dish; pencil and watercolour brush
- Greater confidence in drawing objects from life
- A better understanding of colour theory and colour mixing
- Facility with watercolour paint
What to bring
- All art materials, snacks and a cheeky glass of wine are provided
What to wear
- Clothes that don't matter, just in case you get a bit of paint on them
- Everyone is welcome, from beginners to more advanced painters
When she is not painting / thinking about painting, ellaquaint works as an adventure and snow tour guide, taking people around our beautiful country. She specializes in watercolour and indian ink paintings and illustrations. On the quiet season she is available for pet portraits, animal and landscape commissions. You can find more about her work here . . .
Book your place now so you don't miss out!!!